This is a chronicle of my trip home from Malaysia, and our last Christmas on the farm. Please feel free to post comments and respond to stuff that I've written. If there is anything you would like to see or pictures you'd like me to take and post on-line just ask and I'll do my best to oblige.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Me and my Balls

Having not written for some time, I realise that I may have alienated the few readers who have been loyal to me. That being said, I have set a goal for myself. I will write 100 entires into this blog before I say good-bye to it. This one is number 62.

Spain was fun. How else to describe it? I have come to love the Spanish and their warmth as a people. My friend Susana made me love them but Spain itself made me adore them.

After Spain, I flew to Zurich and then took a train to Stuttgart where I met my parents in the airport along with my cousin Walter and his wife, Astrid.


This is NOT them. This is Philip and Rosalia, the Oma and Opa of the family in Germany. The thing I love about being in Germany is that it is home. Though I don't speak German well and I can barely get by in it, Germany feels so much like it is the whole house of my grandparents where I religiously spent Thursday afternoons growing up.

The style of the houses, the smell of the food, the way the people act -- things like that make this place "home".

________________________________________________________

Here in Toronto, I am working as much as I want and getting more experience in teaching. I do teacher training at International house where I get to observe new teachers and give them ideas on what to improve.

I have also started taking Poi lessons. If you want to know what this is, I'll show you.







I attend a class every two weeks in a local park where a dude named Davey imparts the knowledge of the years and helps us, me and some other thrill seekers, improve and move towards the goal of mastery of the poi!

In time I hope to be excellent.

Stay Tuned!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom Hayton said...

Poi looks kinda fun- can you set fire to them as well?

BTW, my URL has changed to http://www.tomhayton.com/blog

9:09 PM

 
Blogger Susana said...

Hey darling... your comments about Spain are very nice and I was so touched to see my name there! Don't stop writing your blog, Mark. It is a fantastic blog and I love reading it... I'd be very sad to see it stop! Por favor...

Miss you heaps darling.

3:56 AM

 
Blogger Zero To The Sky said...

Hi! How are you doing? I was looking for a way to keep in touch with you and I found this. Like you blog very much. Honest!

I hope we can keep in touch. I kinda miss you.

onetimewonder.blogspot.com

9:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home